Buying a home in Boise can be an exciting but confusing task. While sorting through all of the available properties, this list can help you stay focused on what matters most. Here are the top five things to consider when house hunting in Boise.
- Lifestyle: Take the opportunity to think about what home fits into your lifestyle. If you want quick access to downtown, areas like the Boise Bench or the West End would be ideal. If you prefer more space or access to nature, consider neighborhoods like the Avimor or Southeast Boise.
- New vs Resale: There are pros and cons to buying new construction and existing homes. New construction can be personalized to fit your taste but cost more time and money. Existing homes often come with an established neighborhood and character but may require more maintenance.
- Your Future Plan: You might find your dream bungalow, but will you be needing more space in 5-10 years? Are you looking for an investment home in an affordable neighborhood that aligns with your future financial goals? Thinking about your future plans can help narrow your search.
- Safety: Boise has one of the lowest property crime rates in the nation, but considering safety features that apply to your household can narrow your search even further. Having children and pets that spend time outside or using alternative methods of transportation like bicycling or scooters can prompt you to search for homes in specific areas.
- The Layout: Great staging can often be misleading. The floor plan of the home should flow easily from room to room and be functional for what you love to do.